Last modified: April 18, 2018
UrsaLeo, Inc. (“Company,” “our,” “we”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you use our website and/or mobile application (the “Platform”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we, and not third parties, collect:
- On the Platform;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Platform;
- Through mobile and desktop resources you download from the Platform, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Platform.
- When you interact with our advertising and Platform on third-party applications and services, if those services or advertising include links to this policy.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Platform is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Platform. We do not knowingly collect information of any sort, including personal information, from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Platform. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Platform, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, billing information, phone number and e-mail address (“personal information”);
- that is ascertained through our use of third-party applications, including but not limited to your user behavior and trends;
- that you voluntarily enter, such as your name, your email address, your company, the serial number of any device you engage with the Platform, permission levels, and billing information;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the city where you live; and/or
about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Platform, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, web browser preferences, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. Although we do not correlate tracking information to individuals, some information collected, such as IP addresses, will be unique.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Platform, or transmitted to other users of the Platform or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Platform with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
You may choose not to enter information into the Platform, but the services offered through the Platform may be limited because identifying information is needed to facilitate some of the main services of the Platform.
The information we collect is used by the Company to identify users and provide them with services, support, sales and marketing action, billing, and to meet contractual obligations.
Do Not Track Settings
We do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Platform and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Platform or any services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To other users on the Platform to the extent that you include it in a User Contribution, or otherwise choose to share it with them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Platform users is among the assets transferred.
- To other users to the extent that information about you is shared by someone else on the Platform.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of the Platform, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To third party contractors in order to analyze Platform performance and user behavior and/or to improve the Platform.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Transferring your information
The Company is a worldwide service. By using the Platform, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside your home country, including in the United States, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country. We take additional measures when information is transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA). This includes having standard clauses approved by the European Commission in our contracts with parties that receive information outside the EEA. We also rely on European Commission adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers to countries outside the EEA.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We perform regular malware scanning of the Platform and all servers and computers used by us to support the Platform. All Company employees are required to adhere to our security and confidentiality procedures and undergo training related to maintaining the security of user personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
Third Party Links
Options for EEA Users
You have options in relation to the information that we have about you described below. To exercise these options, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re an EEA user, you can:
- Request to access the information we have about you.
- Request to have your information corrected or deleted.
- Object to us processing your information.
- Have the information you provided to us sent to another organization, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, where it’s technically feasible.
- Complain to a regulator. If you’re based in the EEA and think that we haven’t complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission in Ireland or with your local supervisory authority.